The Kingdom of Khalida is a very large, orderly nation, notable for its ban on automobiles, compulsory military service, and national health service. The cynical, devout population of 151 million Khalidans are ruled with an iron fist by the socialist government, which grants its people the freedom to do whatever they like so long as it doesn't involve getting richer than anybody else or challenging the government.
The medium-sized, socially-minded, well-organized government prioritizes Spirituality, although Defense, Healthcare, and Education are also considered important, while Industry is ignored. The average income tax rate is 32.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Khalidan economy, worth 4.90 trillion Khas a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Woodchip Exports, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 32,444 Khas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The study of medicine is popular throughout Khalida, decongestants have replaced Khas in street transactions, teenagers are told they're not thinking about sex enough, and reddish-brown is the new black. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Khalida's national animal is the águia, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Khalida was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Primitive.
- : Following new legislation in Khalida, reddish-brown is the new black.
- : Following new legislation in Khalida, teenagers are told they're not thinking about sex enough.
- : Following new legislation in Khalida, decongestants have replaced Khas in street transactions.
- : Following new legislation in Khalida, the study of medicine is popular throughout Khalida.
- : Khalida's influence in Confederacy of Allied States rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Following new legislation in Khalida, cassocked priests and choirboys believe that what happens behind closed doors stays behind closed doors.
- : Khalida was reclassified from "Corrupt Dictatorship" to "Iron Fist Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Khalida, exorbitant spending on icebreakers breaks the ice at every budget meeting.
- : Following new legislation in Khalida, refugees from other nations are flocking to Khalida's border.