The United Socialist States of Kharim is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Lord Vader with an iron fist, and notable for its avowedly heterosexual populace, sprawling nuclear power plants, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 1.889 billion Kharimians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Caourscant. The average income tax rate is 36.1%.
The strong Kharimian economy, worth 122 trillion KharimCashes a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Furniture Restoration, and Woodchip Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 64,985 KharimCashes, with the richest citizens earning 5.3 times as much as the poorest.
The single fish caught by Kharimian fishers last year is cited as evidence of Kharim's thriving fisheries, ship captains always order a return to port at the slightest sign of rain, reporters who negatively comment on politicians' haircuts are cut from the news, and citizens are regularly arrested in queues for 'loitering'. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kharim's national animal is the Boar, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Join Lily of 171st Catgirl Division dismissed Kharim as Vice-President of The Region of Economic Cooperation.
- : Kharim's influence in The Region of Economic Cooperation rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- : Kharim was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Kharim's influence in The Region of Economic Cooperation rose from "Minnow" to "Contender".
- : Kharim was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Following new legislation in Kharim, citizens are regularly arrested in queues for 'loitering'.
- : Following new legislation in Kharim, reporters who negatively comment on politicians' haircuts are cut from the news.
- : Kharim relocated from Balder to The Region of Economic Cooperation.
- : Kharim was refounded in Balder.
- : Kharim ceased to exist in The Region of Economic Cooperation.