The Kingdom of Kioul is a huge, cultured nation, renowned for its pith helmet sales, parental licensing program, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 331 million Kioulians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. The average income tax rate is 50.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Kioulian economy, worth 24.5 trillion Kioulios a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Cheese Exports, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 73,872 Kioulios, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
The country has been 'going shopping' by annexing nearby nations for their resources, the government is well known for declaring war on other countries for suspected slights, members of the government all have oddly similar anecdotes about their childhoods, and unpackaged foodstuffs rot on store shelves. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kioul's national animal is the Dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kioul was endorsed by The Dictatorship of New CHOP.
- : Following new legislation in Kioul, unpackaged foodstuffs rot on store shelves.
- : Kioul was endorsed by The Gold Phoenix Queendom of Ignis Cinere.
- : Kioul was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of The Republic of Osea.
- : Kioul was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Kioul was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Old Tryst.
- : Kioul voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Apulita".
- : Following new legislation in Kioul, members of the government all have oddly similar anecdotes about their childhoods.
- : Following new legislation in Kioul, the government is well known for declaring war on other countries for suspected slights.
- : Kioul's influence in 10000 Islands rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
Endorsements Received: 16 » Valentian Elysium, Wysrod, Kuriko, The Soylent Green Party, Randopian, Anisopterra, Evertopia, New Fania, Krystalveil, Leprechaun Gold, Dustwind, Waitiki, Old Tryst, The Republic of Osea, Ignis Cinere, and New CHOP.