The United Republics of Kolam is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Ronald Gwumo with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, compulsory military service, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.228 billion Kolamzis enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government prioritizes Healthcare, although Education, Administration, and Defense are also considered important, while Spirituality and International Aid aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dakar. The average income tax rate is 26.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Kolamzi economy, worth 200 trillion Mbasas a year, is dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Arms Manufacturing. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 62,221 Mbasas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
The government frequently panders to parents with boutique tax credits, employers are finding it hard to screen candidates now that everyone gets A grades in their exams, Eau de Trashcan has become a wildly popular perfume, and a new guerrilla marketing campaign for tap water involves government agents spraying random citizens with hose water. Crime is almost non-existent. Kolam's national animal is the elephant, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kolam's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Kolam's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Kolam was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Kolam ceased to exist in Iveagh.
- : Kolam's influence in Iveagh rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Kolam was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Safest.
- : Kolam became WA Delegate of Iveagh.
- : Kolam's influence in Iveagh rose from "Nipper" to "Handshaker".
- : Kolam was endorsed by The Union of Troiya.
- : Kolam was admitted to the World Assembly.