The Disputed Territories of Kovichnia is a huge, cultured nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, keen interest in outer space, and pith helmet sales. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 259 million Kovichnians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The medium-sized, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Andrennos. The average income tax rate is 47.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Kovichnian economy, worth 17.6 trillion Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 68,055 Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The new Liquor Legitimacy Office is besieged with job applications from people who have experience in "statistical sampling methods", graverobbers claim they're acting within the interest of 'scientific preservation', shopkeepers use microscopes to verify the authenticity of banknotes, and agreeing to appear on TV is often the best way to access social care. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kovichnia's national animal is the Peregrine Falcon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Kovichnia, agreeing to appear on TV is often the best way to access social care.
- : Following new legislation in Kovichnia, shopkeepers use microscopes to verify the authenticity of banknotes.
- : Following new legislation in Kovichnia, graverobbers claim they're acting within the interest of 'scientific preservation'.
- : Following new legislation in Kovichnia, the new Liquor Legitimacy Office is besieged with job applications from people who have experience in "statistical sampling methods".
- : Following new legislation in Kovichnia, Kovichnians incessantly needle their doctors for relief.
- : Following new legislation in Kovichnia, printing out government documents requires the approval of at least three admins.
- : Kovichnia changed its national capital to "Andrennos".
- : Following new legislation in Kovichnia, Kovichnia has designated Andrennos as its capital city.
- : Kovichnia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Following new legislation in Kovichnia, the entire entry for Kovichnia in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the World reads 'mostly harmless'.
Endorsements Received: 106 » Minuda, Miruma, Alunya, Siwale, 1 very fast endotarter, East Supple Lund, El Fiji Grande, Corfad, Sinelona, Shin-Hachioji, Pallaith, Territorio di Nessuno, Peldorn, Great Bights Mum, Uganda Knuckles UK, Trillius, Sundred, Kwaj, Sunto, North Bratislava, Egalico, Spartoptia, Koda-Land, Bayern-Straubing, Haor Chall, Omnistria, Notyoutopia, Tsardom of Leonlandia, Dar es Saalam, Ethnon, The Rhein States, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Shibutani, Aeviternus, Ikea Rike, Newpromisedland, Federation Terra Australis, Lomjia, Moubarakistan, New Pruessen, Jasminlandia, Napnomadia, PlanetPunk, Frances Francis the First of France, Yaorozu, Montarc, Aratani, Acrabinnia, Tappan Hills, Black Templares, and 56 others.Buckerino, Saturns Edge, Sheldanada, Ejhsa, Dreadton, Q w e r t y, Ibiscaton, Tire Sover, Shadowrik, British Pacific Islands, Vikingiarchy, The Notorious Mad Jack, General COE, Steampunk Ariel, Pleroma Sans Romans, Niradans, Kasazzastan, Fayyayid, Sil Dorsett, Wineclaw, Torakuen, Holy Oranz, Amauri, Loutsland, Free Azzaca, Joodey, Destructive Government Endorsing System, New Bremerton, Castle Federation, Noahs Second Country, Former English Colony, Apetopia, Selfgradatude, Votak Matim, Test for a new hope, Conservadoria, North Altatude, The Black Cathedral, Antityranicals, GRANDE IMPERIO ORIENTAL PAGAO EUDUARDO, Western Vapia, Elder Realms, Maott, Justanistan, Loli County, Guer Aike, Eriadni, Constantinolia, Xentherida, Pasargad, Wilkshire, Makersaulache, Valhalla123, Kobagia, Glurponia, and Zumlandia.