The Republic of Kyrianian is a colossal, genial nation, remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, anti-smoking policies, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 8.291 billion Kyrianianians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Healthcare, and Welfare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kyrianian City. The average income tax rate is 98.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Kyrianianian economy, worth a remarkable 1,397 trillion rupees a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. Average income is an impressive 168,597 rupees, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Schoolboys who turn to watch pretty girls go by are given detention, giggling teens are asked to put their mouths on rubber dolls, polygraphs are relegated to the dungeon exhibit in castle museums, and the dish 'poisson avec poison' is only available on the black market. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kyrianian's national animal is the porpoise, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Kyrianian, the dish 'poisson avec poison' is only available on the black market.
- : Following new legislation in Kyrianian, polygraphs are relegated to the dungeon exhibit in castle museums.
- : Following new legislation in Kyrianian, giggling teens are asked to put their mouths on rubber dolls.
- : Kyrianian was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Kyrianian's influence in The North Pacific fell from "Sprat" to "Minnow".
- : Kyrianian was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Kyrianian's influence in The North Pacific fell from "Shoeshiner" to "Sprat".
- : Kyrianian was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Kyrianian was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Kyrianian was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.