The Republic of La Switzerland is a huge, cultured nation, remarkable for its public floggings, vat-grown people, and avant-garde cinema. The hard-working, democratic, devout population of 435 million Swiss enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order, Education, and Healthcare are also considered important, while International Aid receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ibach. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 36.8%.
The very strong Swiss economy, worth 28.9 trillion Francs a year, is led by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. Average income is 66,357 Francs, with the richest citizens earning 6.4 times as much as the poorest.
Disadvantaged youths often commit felonies to enhance their educational prospects, no one over the age of 35 has the slightest clue what is going on, soldiers with colourful mohawks make themselves perfect targets for snipers, and skateboarding is considered a form of diplomacy. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. La Switzerland's national animal is the Stag, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : La Switzerland resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Following new legislation in La Switzerland, skateboarding is considered a form of diplomacy.
- : La Switzerland was endorsed by The Empire of Some Random TNP Nation.
- : La Switzerland was endorsed by The Republic of Zeternia.
- : La Switzerland was endorsed by The Heerlijke Opperheerschappij of Victoriaans Nederlands.
- : Following new legislation in La Switzerland, soldiers with colourful mohawks make themselves perfect targets for snipers.
- : La Switzerland was endorsed by The People's Republic of Grimandia.
- : La Switzerland changed its national capital to "Ibach".
- : La Switzerland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Kyrusia".
- : La Switzerland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Preventing Unjust Warfare".