The Last Bastion of Civilization of Lacuna is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Leader with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, national health service, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 16.818 billion Lacunians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The medium-sized, liberal, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Administration, and Welfare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lacuna City. The average income tax rate is 79.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Lacunan economy, worth a remarkable 2,378 trillion Naughts a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 141,426 Naughts, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Unemployed judges can be found squatting in abandoned courthouses, the parliament building has installed a revolving door, literature classes frequently go on field trips to rock concerts, and the government's giant servers are often used as a tourist trap. Crime is well under control. Lacuna's national animal is the Adder, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lacuna was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Thedairos.
- : Lacuna was endorsed by The Democratic States of Bortheria.
- : Lacuna was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Lisokyo.
- : Lacuna was endorsed by The Community of Islands of Czechia.
- : Lacuna endorsed The Republic of Liberdon.
- : Following new legislation in Lacuna, the government's giant servers are often used as a tourist trap.
- : Lacuna was endorsed by The Republic of Liberdon.
- : Following new legislation in Lacuna, literature classes frequently go on field trips to rock concerts.
- : Following new legislation in Lacuna, the parliament building has installed a revolving door.
- : Following new legislation in Lacuna, unemployed judges can be found squatting in abandoned courthouses.
Endorsements Received: 74 » Iontan, Testa, Tzo, Spncrgmn, Anollasia, Blogotopia, Lamborghini Murcielago, Achiotopia, Grungerock, Dustwind, Ironica Butterfly, Zeganas, Maalemzya, Aspistania, Wysrod, The Soylent Green Party, Karlando, Echocrimsonia, New Fania, Seantonia, Nooooooooooooooo, Kuriko, Calachia, Ignis Cinere, Jimjam Goober, Nixtodea, Eist, The Snake Brotherhood, Vivolkha, Dovant, Oyste, Kebecois, Evonidiche, Grimmywelsh, Ferte, Northern Nivaria, Flex Lexington, Free Land of Rebellium, Libertaritaritaritaria, Isentran, Zyrcrestia, Anisopterra, Constantinolia, Yakkandiania, Valentian Elysium, Decent Humans, Ascended Union, Discotheque, Randopian, Jeelung, and 24 others.Eames, Lesbi, Krystalveil, The Republic of Osea, Ytvigshill, Chocolate Coookies, Alen-roshh, Medetas, Snakeden, Itic, Evertopia, Mastodonia, Ehrgeizig, Leprechaun Gold, AciaciaMont, Armatha, Namakan, Kachikawawa, Waitiki, Point Comfort Colony, Liberdon, Islands of Czechia, Lisokyo, and Bortheria.