|Leader||Alyah Kaoru Mahana De Isha|
The Queendom of Laikantar is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Alyah Kaoru Mahana De Isha with a fair hand, and notable for its national health service, daily referendums, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.362 billion Laikantarians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lyssana. The average income tax rate is 84.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Laikantarian economy, worth 155 trillion Graals a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 114,228 Graals, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Older citizens lament over the loss of law and order, most of the nation's wealthy aristocrats are dentists, imitation is the sincerest form of felony, and social networking sites have discussion groups devoted to planning terrorist attacks. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Laikantar's national animal is the panther, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Laikantar, social networking sites have discussion groups devoted to planning terrorist attacks.
- : Laikantar was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Following new legislation in Laikantar, imitation is the sincerest form of felony.
- : Following new legislation in Laikantar, most of the nation's wealthy aristocrats are dentists.
- : Following new legislation in Laikantar, older citizens lament over the loss of law and order.
- : Following new legislation in Laikantar, people seem disproportionately distraught when told a museum has a phones-off policy.
- : Following new legislation in Laikantar, you're only as old as you feel.
- : Following new legislation in Laikantar, family isn't who you're born with but who you abandon in foreign countries.
- : Laikantar endorsed The Cartographer Guy of Staynes.
- : Laikantar withdrew its endorsement from The Don't Endorse Me of A Slanted Black Stripe.
Endorsements Received: 46 » Fedele, Todd McCloud, The Happian Union, H-Zhena, Bachtendekuppen, Ridann, A Slanted Black Stripe, Elsweyr Land, Brotherland, Davelands, Wiranath, Axdel, Hizuru, Roissyland, The Sacred Whale, Marrico, Neruch, Arkantis, Shantan, VW53Aland, Tim Stark, Solarfall, Pulmonaria, Bullpups, The Angel of Charity, The Holy Empire of Moronica, Aelitia, Rhealaliit, Janoobi Jazair, BearStackof2015, Talitoa, Ravendi, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Am Echad, Free sovereign Soviet socialist republic, The Holy Utopian Republic, Kilkire, TheRuthenians, Pakitsk, Someseni, Astroa, Aleister, Funkadelia, Eagas, The United Neo American Union, and Opossum Slayer.