|Faith||Church of the Savior|
The Galactic Federation of Lakarian is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Baltar with an iron fist, and remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, otherworldly petting zoo, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 38.897 billion Lakarianites are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The tiny, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Denver. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Lakarianian economy, worth a remarkable 6,292 trillion tokens a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Information Technology. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 161,772 tokens, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Police regularly arrest families playing Monopoly, Baltar spends weekends doing the laundry of foreign leaders, Lakarianites are regularly fired for looking at MyFace during their lunch breaks, and paralegals spend all day Hewlett-Packing attorneys' law briefs. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Lakarian's national animal is the elderly pekinese, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Church of the Savior.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lakarian voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Convicted Voters".
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, paralegals spend all day Hewlett-Packing attorneys' law briefs.
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, Lakarianites are regularly fired for looking at MyFace during their lunch breaks.
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, Baltar spends weekends doing the laundry of foreign leaders.
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, police regularly arrest families playing Monopoly.
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, nobody ever seems to enter or leave the armour-plated flying castle that serves as the seat of government.
- : Lakarian endorsed The Kingdom of Votri.
- : Lakarian endorsed The Empire of Teothopia.
- : Lakarian endorsed The Republic of Empotia.
- : Lakarian was endorsed by The Kingdom of Votri.
Endorsements Received: 23 » Dhaeland, Tethys 13, Wayneactia, Aragon AI, Theimpaler, Zapadni Srpski entitet, Wymondham, Valerievna, Frinotonia, Malphe II, Arkadia Universalis, Ghost Of The Order, Xosharia, Great Baltic Empire, Yeagania, Big Boyz, The Gelseen Hegemony, DeerField Cove, Dragonian Alliance, Antonimus, Empotia, Teothopia, and Votri.