The Protectorate of Lamehk is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Lorkahn Malus with a fair hand, and notable for its deadly medical pandemics, strictly enforced bedtime, and complete lack of prisons. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 24.929 billion Lamehkens enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with Law & Order also on the agenda, while Environment receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vaulkhar. The average income tax rate is 75.5%.
The all-consuming Lamehkian economy, worth a remarkable 5,072 trillion Imperial Credits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an amazing 203,459 Imperial Credits, with the richest citizens earning 5.4 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens with artificial limbs are forbidden to serve as beauty pageant judges, billions are being spent on a new island airport, bands of paramedics walk the streets looking for suspicious medical activity, and the rich tend their gardens inside gated urban farming communities. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Lamehk's national animal is the Manticore, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lamehk was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Lamehk was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Lamehk was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- : Lamehk was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Lamehk was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Armed.
- : Lamehk was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Lamehk was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments and the Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Lamehk was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Lamehk was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Lamehk was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes.