The Free Land of Lanlanland is a huge, cultured nation, notable for its national health service, irreverence towards religion, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 449 million Lanlandians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — prioritizes Education, with Healthcare, Environment, and Welfare also on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 84.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Lanlanlandian economy, worth 20.9 trillion deniers a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Tourism. Average income is 46,600 deniers, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Billions of deniers are being poured into a space program, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, the number of deaths due to poor fungus identification is mushrooming, and tuba players are paid to quietly whisper into their instruments. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lanlanland's national animal is the badger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Lanlanland, tuba players are paid to quietly whisper into their instruments.
- : Following new legislation in Lanlanland, the number of deaths due to poor fungus identification is mushrooming.
- : Following new legislation in Lanlanland, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents.
- : Following new legislation in Lanlanland, billions of deniers are being poured into a space program.
- : Following new legislation in Lanlanland, Bigtopian interference in domestic elections is always democratically sanctioned.
- : Following new legislation in Lanlanland, veteran cops reminisce over their heavy armor days.
- : Following new legislation in Lanlanland, jokes told in elementary school often come back to haunt politicians.
- : Lanlanland was endorsed by The Borderlands of Unsophisticate.
- : Lanlanland was endorsed by The Confederacy of Magna Banitia.
- : Lanlanland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
Endorsements Received: 127 » Ihese, Libertania Democratica, Dreadton, Corfad, Interdimensional Zone, Notyoutopia, Yaorozu, Daiz, Newpromisedland, Koda-Land, Hamerica, The Calabash Protectorate, Great Bights Mum, Ethnon, Valentine Z, Sikol, Westinor, Shibutani, Guer Aike, Territorio di Nessuno, North Bratislava, Shinjuku tokyo 0, New Lakemba, Siwale, Prydania, Zzozona, Frances Francis the First of France, Abject Ludicrosity, Zumlandia, Empy, The Rhein States, The Tampa Bay Rays, Noahs Second Country, Brucklania, El Fiji Grande, Omnistria, Sundred, Former English Colony, Dabarastan, Valhalla123, Loutsland, Pallaith, Arichia, Orado, Fauzjhia, Joodey, Seanat, Schnuftelland, 1 very fast endotarter, Eri-Maqa-Ena, and 77 others.Saperisole, McMasterdonia, Dar es Saalam, Wineclaw, Xagill, Zeternia, Kranostav, Jovian Knights, Seenvorland, Korovan Isles, Selfgradatude, Praeceps, Yokciq Empire, Sunto, Pazair, Clan Spaniel, Kocherian, The Pantheons, Highton Islands, The Iron Lions, Damsmel, Unimaginable Doom, New Jamgra, PotatoFarmers, Shadowrik, Xyrron, Nistriabar, Madjack, Sil Dorsett, Ravendi, Labora, Ihsan, Eschatosia, Principia Mathematica, Kragsgale, Xipher, Simone Republic, Astal Aavors, Amerian States, Illusia and Neverendia, United Kahndaq, Buckhem, Andexia, Moubarakistan, Solskjar, U S Eh, Napnomadia, Ultra777, WeKnow, Heilhum Imperius, Vincone Cae, Votak Matim, Runeda, Harjad, Eywaan, Therizia, Frahnkzaden, Aerilia, Cretox State, Morover, Nouvelle-Floride, Holy Oranz, Outer Shenendoah, Amprak, Glanst, Comfed, Supreme Leader Hadrian, The Kingdom Of Wagies, Chips and Guac, Lulubellia, Elvoreto, Navsland, Wit Noreis, Hardscrabble, Jestings, Magna Banitia, and Unsophisticate.