The Kingdom of Laplund is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its smutty television, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 442 million Lapians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Armijes. The average income tax rate is 63.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Lapian economy, worth 27.7 trillion kroner a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 62,664 kroner, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Tourists visit Laplund to mass-moon Lapian politicians, it's always rabbit season, you're never too young to learn how to lie with confidence, and retirement homes are filled with foreign war criminals. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Laplund's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Laplund, retirement homes are filled with foreign war criminals.
- : Following new legislation in Laplund, you're never too young to learn how to lie with confidence.
- : Following new legislation in Laplund, it's always rabbit season.
- : Laplund endorsed The Serene Commonwealth of Deontologia.
- : Laplund's influence in Forest rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Laplund was endorsed by The Serene Commonwealth of Deontologia.
- : Following new legislation in Laplund, tourists visit Laplund to mass-moon Lapian politicians.
- : Following new legislation in Laplund, artists are pillars of society.
- : Laplund changed its national capital to "Armijes".
- : Following new legislation in Laplund, Laplund has designated Armijes as its capital city.
Endorsements Received: 18 » Novian Republics, Ruinenlust, Feladria, Ransium, Edible Plywood, Ownzone, Turbeaux, Anachronolandia, Appendia, Groenwald, Burkhai, Atsvea, Effazio, Lura, Pen Blanityion, Hyon Delta, Canaltia, and Deontologia.