The United Provinces of Legendus is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Gabriel McGowan with a fair hand, and remarkable for its soft-spoken computers, state-planned economy, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 11.129 billion Legendians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, although Healthcare, Law & Order, and Industry are also considered important, while Spirituality and International Aid are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Malkovro City. The average income tax rate is 86.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Legendese economy, worth a remarkable 1,334 trillion credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. Average income is an impressive 119,911 credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings, the sound of office water cooler chatter has been replaced by the whirring of computer cooling fans, self-driving cars are unpopular due to suspicion that they murder their passengers, and builders across Legendus are blocked up with orders for new public loos. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Legendus's national animal is the stag, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Potato-Poet of The Salaxalans dismissed Legendus as Fry at the Bottom of the Bag of Spiritus.
- : Legendus changed its national nation type to "United Provinces".
- : Legendus voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Integrity in Law Enforcement".
- : Legendus was endorsed by The Aristotelian Parpolity of The Andromachean Entente.
- : Legendus was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Legendus lodged a message on the Spiritus Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Legendus, builders across Legendus are blocked up with orders for new public loos.
- : Following new legislation in Legendus, self-driving cars are unpopular due to suspicion that they murder their passengers.
- : Following new legislation in Legendus, the sound of office water cooler chatter has been replaced by the whirring of computer cooling fans.
- : Following new legislation in Legendus, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings.
Endorsements Received: 32 » The Salaxalans, Urran, Cornicopia, Jamocha, Lux Lumin, Dawnonia, Subhurbia, Matrixulated, Rogamark, Haremm, The Quiescent Platypus, Asd State, Colonalia, Kasadea, Exterris, Feirmont, No Names Left to Use, LatinEmpire, West Slavinia, Fancy Bois, Coromusia, Confederation Pacifika, Kialga, South Nepton Siterd, Tavolaristan, Okima Yunawa, Dorento, Belands, Democratic Republic of Kentuckiana, Aurenovia, Bizzarro-Preussen, and The Andromachean Entente.