The Confederacy of Lelmpop is a massive, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its state-planned economy, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The democratic population of 1.542 billion Lelmpopians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 36.5%.
The sizeable but inefficient Lelmpopian economy, worth 67.1 trillion Canadian dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Tourism, and Retail. Average income is 43,489 Canadian dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
The government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one, referenda can be called for any law at the request of at least one third of the voting population, one-man canoes fitted with the latest tracking technology leave no room for one man, and it is believed that belligerence is a passing phase foreign leaders will soon outgrow. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lelmpop's national animal is the turtle, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lelmpop was endorsed by The Federal Republic of BuciLand.
- : Lelmpop was endorsed by The Weed-choked lawn of A mean old man.
- : Following new legislation in Lelmpop, it is believed that belligerence is a passing phase foreign leaders will soon outgrow.
- : Following new legislation in Lelmpop, one-man canoes fitted with the latest tracking technology leave no room for one man.
- : Following new legislation in Lelmpop, referenda can be called for any law at the request of at least one third of the voting population.
- : Lelmpop was endorsed by The ENDORSE LIBERTANNY of The Atlae Isles.
- : Lelmpop was endorsed by The Matriarchy of Flying Snow.
- : Lelmpop was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Lelmpop was endorsed by The Queen Of the Waltz of Feu de Glace.
- : Lelmpop was endorsed by The Free Land of Eudinity.
Endorsements Received: 30 » Brotherland, H-Zhena, Marrabuk, BearStackof2015, Kyrloth, Stellar Colonies, Someseni, VW53Aland, Liberstankonia, Dragons Blood, Am Echad, Wiranath, Evrigenis, Modra, Kangarawa, Asendavia, Merlovich, Zukchiva, Pakitsk, Libertanny, Axdel, Todd McCloud, The Three States of Fortuna, Sokala, Peoples Republic of GG, Oofery, Eudinity, The Atlae Isles, A mean old man, and BuciLand.