|Leader||Rho den Aehl|
The Iymârivshen of Lesser Velutaria is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Rho den Aehl with an even hand, and remarkable for its deadly medical pandemics, keen interest in outer space, and infamous sell-swords. The hard-nosed, hard-working, devout population of 3.119 billion Velutarians enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The tiny, corrupt, liberal, pro-business government prioritizes Industry, although Defense and Education are also considered important, while Welfare and Environment are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Volustia. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Vellish economy, worth 374 trillion Inis a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Retail, Uranium Mining, and Soda Sales. Average income is an impressive 119,911 Inis, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 718,825 per year while the poor average 9,067, a ratio of 79.3 to 1.
Citizens are expected to be armed at all times, frisbee games on college quadrangles are grounds for expulsion, atheism is seen as a prerequisite for political power, and terrified neighbors cower behind concertina wire and machine gun nests. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Lesser Velutaria's national animal is the Blue-crested Eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Rygalic Pantheon.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Lesser Velutaria, terrified neighbors cower behind concertina wire and machine gun nests.
- : Lesser Velutaria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Lesser Velutaria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Lesser Velutaria endorsed The Republic of Sarazebia.
- : Lesser Velutaria was endorsed by The Republic of Sarazebia.
- : Following new legislation in Lesser Velutaria, atheism is seen as a prerequisite for political power.
- : Following new legislation in Lesser Velutaria, frisbee games on college quadrangles are grounds for expulsion.
- : Lesser Velutaria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Drug Use and Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Lesser Velutaria, citizens are expected to be armed at all times.
- : Following new legislation in Lesser Velutaria, all recreational drugs are legal.
Endorsements Received: 96 » Medovia, Shedehnoah, Amrelia, Artadal, Foxomexra, Draytopia, Marcolos, Norkantion, Kiyortza, Anderum, Bendan, Toubaze, Junterland, Bakyern 2, Tsokeiku, Whitmarche, Valcouria, Suibhne Andordia, Commodium, Sventsa, Wesia, The Step Forward, Prei Meas, Inner Mations Aststan, Kinoko, Gabrielland, New Sebronia, New Greenia, Viha, Mentheria, Kireango, Elysa, Plattinum, Pollop and Milligar, Pancreas Land, White Flare Company, Peoples Republic of Hibernistan, The Switz Alps, Gardeviour, United States of New Atlantis, Teckia, EzicuRauz, Vescarium, Hatstheput, Land of free and Glory, Prybourne, The New Bulgarian Order, Menbvea, Speke, Syrgastan, and 46 others.Breylor, Thauqhxui, The Modern New Spanish Empire, Jernborg, Valino, Iwonia, Xen Nork, The Gorks, Greater Cajun, Untied Nation Space Command, Krasnovidia-Buldar, Sharkdonia, Kajimi, Ramgo, Monte Blanco, Misnomers, The Byrdlands, Rvandonia, Fallooplesburg, Qazhshava, Munoko, Tarristan, AquaHeart, Zhousheng, South Greesa, Gadorien, Angt Imphe, East Chimore, Neo Indies, Eivland, Queendomia, Datharia, The Cyclone, Adenserensai, Liehou Gou, New Sarmathia, Land2020, Dyzium, Drixtel, Sab Demenr, Shadoveil, Daugon, Senshen, Norscandia, Yodivenis, and Sarazebia.