|Leader||Radeesh the Amused|
The Commonwealth of Lichenitza is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Radeesh the Amused with an even hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 1.875 billion Lichenitzans enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Itzamumu. The average income tax rate is 92.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Lichenitzan economy, worth 264 trillion Quatloos a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 141,054 Quatloos, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
History textbook pages are used as impromptu tissues by distraught students, on graduation day the hats thrown in the air fly high enough to stun passing pigeons, only vaccinated citizens may have free healthcare, and most ambassadors from Lichenitza retire only a few years after being appointed. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lichenitza's national animal is the Beaver, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Secularism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Lichenitza, most ambassadors from Lichenitza retire only a few years after being appointed.
- : Following new legislation in Lichenitza, only vaccinated citizens may have free healthcare.
- : Following new legislation in Lichenitza, on graduation day the hats thrown in the air fly high enough to stun passing pigeons.
- : Following new legislation in Lichenitza, history textbook pages are used as impromptu tissues by distraught students.
- : Following new legislation in Lichenitza, the military has grudgingly released all top secret information in an effort for greater transparency.
- : Lichenitza was endorsed by The WA Republic of Qawe.
- : Following new legislation in Lichenitza, it ain't easy to be green enough to be imported into Lichenitza.
- : Following new legislation in Lichenitza, sociologists can charge whatever fee they like as the nation tries to find itself.
- : Following new legislation in Lichenitza, enemy navies sail within bombardment range of major coastal cities with impunity.
- : Following new legislation in Lichenitza, teenagers performing appendectomies on their friends has become a popular schoolyard prank.
Endorsements Received: 90 » Erinor, Beepee, Quiescent, Volaworand, Luddinlande, The National Corporation, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Tsunamy, Hanguk-Nippon, Rebel-topia, Aywhyou, Techganet, Isokenzar, Barabarom, Farengeto, Anachronolandia, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Moreana, Crabius, Concrete Slab, Cuuldere, Jehenna, Curlyhoward, Aumeltopia, Abarri, Saciu, Theorin, Kringalia, Soem, Sandaoguo, Kandorith, Lambdaland, Janapuri, Aidenfieeld, Tsvetania, Sedunn, Whimichy, Jaxon, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Birdkeeper, Vincent Field, Akindom, Land Without Shrimp, Nankyoku Tairiku, Jahass, Wehraboos, Federated Kingdoms of Brittania, The Filippinas, Academy of Umbrellas, North Catimestistrianes, and 40 others.Wyatonians, Ostanasia, Dasko, Drugged Monkeys, Phanama, North Kanuckistan, Ariankido, Churumduul, Agalaesia, Pays de Loire, Amerion, Wild Space, Great Africans, Lakalvesoman, Upper Tyrconnel, Rabbitz, Republic Clovakh, Aurcania, Jennaterra, Ketathinamiri Islands, Yeldarbsland, Grand Kingdom of Zilean Empire, New Briantown, Higash, Xandev, Imperial Duck, Qvait, Empa Aserium, Mapico, Marinho Islands, Gecetesse, World United, Paranoia, The Tecorogan Federation, Benstralis, Romanus Terrae, Direwolf1, Samogitija, Des Nak Neers, and Qawe.