The Constitutional Monarchy of LIGHT-STARS is a massive, genial nation, remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads, national health service, and aversion to nipples. The compassionate population of 2.715 billion LIGHT-STARSians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Metra-stars. The average income tax rate is 70.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient LIGHT-STARSian economy, worth 338 trillion Lights a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 124,678 Lights, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Scaffolding is built around scaffolding to give safe access, political speeches always take place at sunset to a background of patriotic power ballads, the nation locks people up and tells them they're mad for compassion's sake, and all government communication requires the imprimatur of the Truth Police. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. LIGHT-STARS's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : LIGHT-STARS was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : LIGHT-STARS was endorsed by The Federal Republic of BuciLand.
- : LIGHT-STARS was endorsed by The United States of Filipopol.
- : Following new legislation in LIGHT-STARS, all government communication requires the imprimatur of the Truth Police.
- : Following new legislation in LIGHT-STARS, the nation locks people up and tells them they're mad for compassion's sake.
- : LIGHT-STARS was endorsed by The Weed-choked lawn of A mean old man.
- : LIGHT-STARS endorsed The Parrot Excommunigate of Libertanny.
- : Following new legislation in LIGHT-STARS, political speeches always take place at sunset to a background of patriotic power ballads.
- : LIGHT-STARS was endorsed by The ENDORSE LIBERTANNY of The Atlae Isles.
- : LIGHT-STARS was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
Endorsements Received: 47 » H-Zhena, BearStackof2015, Hizuru, Axdel, Wiranath, Brotherland, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, VW53Aland, Am Echad, Pakitsk, Someseni, Talitoa, Kilkire, The United Neo American Union, Kangarawa, Libertanny, Firenation91, Dragons Blood, Eagas, Brethren, Narinoland, Marrabuk, Stellar Colonies, Matdor, Evrigenis, Ridann, Adolanta, Merlovich, Zukchiva, Asendavia, Todd McCloud, Coruh, The Three States of Fortuna, Ripsylvania, The Eternal Land of Jong, Peoples Republic of GG, Aivintis, Tretrid, Mays Austrian Nation, Oofery, Technocratic Tagalog, Modra, Greater New Cassandra, The Atlae Isles, A mean old man, Filipopol, and BuciLand.