The Equatorial Bulge of Lislandia is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Alexa Downeaster with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, keen interest in outer space, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 5.824 billion Lislandians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hiwahiwa. The average income tax rate is 98.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Lislandian economy, worth a remarkable 1,237 trillion lisles a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. Average income is an amazing 212,478 lisles, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Beaches are empty as the shark population multiplies exponentially, the voyages of obsolete star-trekking satellites on deliberate escape orbits are only just beginning, politicians "baring all" for the camera isn't always a figure of speech, and interest in globalism never flags. Crime is totally unknown. Lislandia's national animal is the harloquin, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Baba Yetu.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lislandia was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Great Luirokitanea.
- : Following new legislation in Lislandia, interest in globalism never flags.
- : Following new legislation in Lislandia, politicians "baring all" for the camera isn't always a figure of speech.
- : Following new legislation in Lislandia, the voyages of obsolete star-trekking satellites on deliberate escape orbits are only just beginning.
- : Following new legislation in Lislandia, beaches are empty as the shark population multiplies exponentially.
- : Following new legislation in Lislandia, the government pours millions of lisles into rehabilitation programs annually.
- : Following new legislation in Lislandia, disadvantaged neighbourhoods have become no-go areas after sundown.
- : Following new legislation in Lislandia, the government keeps introducing new foreign species to combat the previous ones it has introduced.
- : Following new legislation in Lislandia, ambitious "businessmen" use their children to sell and advertise their products.
- : Following new legislation in Lislandia, national chefs believe that you can eat anything so long as you deep fry it first.
Endorsements Received: 95 » Her Majesty Silver Garden, Lucensia, Vivenxistan, Balan Bar, Primis Tenebris, Scrogunch, Loveable Dogs, Cle Brait, Orathal, Covidialia, Kiyadimundika, Mudreuque, Gatorstan, Wakaru, Ciapore, Atila, StarGaiz, Dyrland, Nein Marosts, Tarzantos El Camosia, Liberto-Ancapistan, Tolerian Empire, Creditopia, Dalfan, Socialist Platypus, El Blurkistan, Kensaland, Pervincia, Oktadonia, Cossack Sibir, PassioneMorioh, Capibara Democratic Republic, Flamboyant Fanboys, Duby, Plusquam verisimile est, Nova Briton, Cyzixraqab, Stustu, Space Nudists, Erithian, Puffin Islands, DBastion, Werstonal, Ferom, Stalinium gulags, Saint Killebrew, Xavier The 1, Untied States of Matter, Kurczak Mielony, Glorsto, and 45 others.Swiss Hommousionopia, Landcache, Land of Legacy, Oak River, Nibelia, JoshRunsAGovernment, The Spook Who Sat By The Door, Zuelong, Xeorkuothertopia, The Free City of Nelson, Charville, Aelandi, The Orange Microwaves, Deblar, GreatBritannia, Hubdova, Jossel, The Psittacines, Skoorb, Hockeyyekcoh, Bohseon, BadBitchVille, Suryadweep Islands, Clownclub, Triforma, Mandarivia, Free Azell, Gibraltarica, Kursibar, Hamptoria, Devonigondwana, Eastern Starbowie, Saraai, The sovereign provinces of Mesha, Fellonandia, Danimpalia, Ziroxeut, Nueva Rico, Cramboria, Redamia, Covoicotheval, United Cyber Tech, Kliffoj, Seolia, and Great Luirokitanea.