The Kingdom of Literian is a huge, genial nation, remarkable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, otherworldly petting zoo, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, hard-working population of 693 million Literianians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Literia. The average income tax rate is 64.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Literianian economy, worth 75.1 trillion Armonds a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 108,350 Armonds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
Prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, 9 out of 10 consumers think that vitamins can cure cancer, would-be emigrants are told "abandon all hope all ye who would exit here", and the new Literianian-made OS is buggier and more inconvenient than a horse-drawn carriage. Crime is totally unknown. Literian's national animal is the Owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Literian, the new Literianian-made OS is buggier and more inconvenient than a horse-drawn carriage.
- : Following new legislation in Literian, would-be emigrants are told "abandon all hope all ye who would exit here".
- : Following new legislation in Literian, 9 out of 10 consumers think that vitamins can cure cancer.
- : Following new legislation in Literian, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators.
- : Literian was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Literian, government workers are regularly taken hostage by protesters.
- : Literian was reclassified from "Libertarian Police State" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- : Following new legislation in Literian, criminals always seem to be forewarned of police raids.
- : Following new legislation in Literian, new safety regulations require all cars manufactured in Literian to be bombproof.
- : Following new legislation in Literian, Leader's new political program is often mockingly called 'Capitalism with a Bigtopian face'.
Endorsements Received: 71 » Grand Abaco, Narvatus, Emaha, OF Arian Hellas, Sparsdan, My Nation, Laidir, Tylil, Galali, Red Foxia, Tigerania, Xurisha, Ord Fiessulled, BurgerKing, Gufand, Free Pacific Republic, Underwater Sovereignties, Tricastinie, Damerloodds, Decitealis, Hetairaea, Tan Talaba, Pathon, Saintrilu, Heinricherstein, Terrarum, Sulivannia, Rakkene, The Aaronian Reich, Kouper, Jitstess, South Asiania, People of Nolan, Montserrat Republic, Ramokee, Tenionistland, Gono3lan, The Nation of JH, Josskaland, Amaryllisia, Phoenician State, Ste Franin, Doctors Orvos, Ulymein, Hotak, Zedyeg, Alitani, New Collieland, Free State of Ideocracy, Windhelme, and 21 others.Eluthania, Alphabeth, EileanDonan, Roberdian, Syrisia, Indigoja, Moka Pamplemousses, Lets go to Space, Joergen, Arktown Island, Memorium Land, Skaitan, Lovecraftopolis Puppet, La Montevideo, BellaJelly, The Republic of Awesometopia, Archargentina, Stmagos, BBoss, Ratakosha, and Himmel Ende.