The Republic of Lizberzand is a very large, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, compulsory military service, and enslaved workforce. The hard-nosed population of 133 million Lizberzandians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 16.5%.
The Lizberzandian economy, worth 8.43 trillion Euros a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 63,372 Euros, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 233,108 per year while the poor average 12,178, a ratio of 19.1 to 1.
One does not simply walk into the tundra, old folks reminisce about the last time someone was acquitted of a crime, running away is an essential part of the elite forces' hand-to-hand training, and immigrant Maxtopians are routinely sold on popular internet auction sites. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lizberzand's national animal is the European Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Lizberzand, immigrant Maxtopians are routinely sold on popular internet auction sites.
- : Lizberzand was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Moralistic Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Lizberzand, running away is an essential part of the elite forces' hand-to-hand training.
- : Following new legislation in Lizberzand, old folks reminisce about the last time someone was acquitted of a crime.
- : Following new legislation in Lizberzand, one does not simply walk into the tundra.
- : Following new legislation in Lizberzand, there has been a series of riots between local cannibals and health food advocates.
- : Lizberzand was endorsed by The Villainous Globalist Kittehs of Imperium Anglorum.
- : Following new legislation in Lizberzand, pet owners must make a payment if their charges leave a deposit.
- : Lizberzand was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Enway.
- : Lizberzand was endorsed by The Nonsensical Absurdity of Abject Ludicrosity.
Endorsements Received: 40 » Mynox, North of Americas, The New Mexican Confederation, Meropis, Kanokla, Thracia Republic, Invernessia, Yahlia, Saint Domingo, St Scarlett, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Republic of Satherland, Gliesetonia, Northern German Federation, Walfo, Trixeland, Chioganah, The Reunited Yugoslavs, The Champions League, Shaor, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Elisabethshagen, Jim the Baptist, Dark Matter, Brittany Normandy Aquitaine, Destyntine, Canovium, Irminsulia, Regnum Italiae, Eski, Nuevo Europa, Zulrich, Stromia, The New Nordic Union, Nardin, Ausvelt, Eco-Paris Reformation, Abject Ludicrosity, Enway, and Imperium Anglorum.