The Republic of Loofdland is a huge, safe nation, notable for its aversion to nipples, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-working, democratic population of 289 million Loofdlandians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 18.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Loofdlandian economy, worth 13.9 trillion gilded grapes a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Furniture Restoration, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Average income is 48,170 gilded grapes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Preschools put children down for naps with milk, cookies, and a gruesome story of vengeance, citizens who plan overseas vacations are barred from running for political office, EULAs remind customers that "Private Mode" is a browser setting rather than a promise, and the law is more interested in punishing crime than preventing it. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Loofdland's national animal is the penguin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Loofdland was endorsed by The Democratic States of Bortheria.
- : Loofdland was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Lisokyo.
- : Loofdland's influence in 10000 Islands rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Loofdland was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of The Republic of Osea.
- : Loofdland was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Kachikawawa.
- : Loofdland was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Waitiki.
- : Following new legislation in Loofdland, the law is more interested in punishing crime than preventing it.
- : Following new legislation in Loofdland, EULAs remind customers that "Private Mode" is a browser setting rather than a promise.
- : Loofdland was endorsed by The Republic of St Lennys Island.
- : Loofdland was endorsed by The Void of Dustwind.
Endorsements Received: 23 » Valentian Elysium, Kuriko, Ignis Cinere, Wysrod, Anisopterra, The Soylent Green Party, Krystalveil, Recon Island, Northern Nivaria, Nooooooooooooooo, Evertopia, Lower Phlebacite, Ehrgeizig, Constantinolia, Lamborghini Murcielago, New Fania, Dustwind, St Lennys Island, Waitiki, Kachikawawa, The Republic of Osea, Lisokyo, and Bortheria.