The Oppressed Peoples of LosingHope is a colossal, safe nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service and irreverence towards religion. The cynical population of 7.048 billion LosingHopeans are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The medium-sized, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. The average income tax rate is 30.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped LosingHopean economy, worth 195 trillion Yen a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Furniture Restoration, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 27,759 Yen, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Cheese has become the new icon of political dissent, commercial jingles have been ham-handedly forced into world renowned symphonies, citizens are bombarded with advertising from their compulsory miniature radios, and the government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. LosingHope's national animal is the Tiger.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : LosingHope's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : LosingHope's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : LosingHope was removed from the regional ban list of South Pacific by The Raider of South Pacific of Dashworie Aedorse.
- : LosingHope's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : LosingHope's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".
- : LosingHope relocated from The Rejected Realms to Artificial Solar System.
- : LosingHope resigned from the World Assembly.
- : LosingHope's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : LosingHope relocated from South Pacific to The Rejected Realms.
- : LosingHope was ejected and banned from South Pacific by The Raider of South Pacific of Dashworie Aedorse.