|Leader||Lord of Lost Souls|
The Dictatorship of Lostlands plain is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Lord of Lost Souls with an iron fist, and remarkable for its compulsory vegetarianism, ubiquitous missile silos, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 1.491 billion Lostlands plainians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Whispering Hollow. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 71.3%.
The strong Lostlands plainian economy, worth 102 trillion Celestial Coins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 68,711 Celestial Coins, with the richest citizens earning 9.6 times as much as the poorest.
Maintaining economic growth is no laughing matter, summer science camps are regularly raided by narcotics police, property owners are terrified of pigeons nesting in their buildings, and women mime their gynaecological symptoms with hand-puppets. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lostlands plain's national animal is the Wolf, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lostlands plain's influence in SolarFlare fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".
- : Lostlands plain's influence in SolarFlare rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : Lostlands plain was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Following new legislation in Lostlands plain, women mime their gynaecological symptoms with hand-puppets.
- : Following new legislation in Lostlands plain, property owners are terrified of pigeons nesting in their buildings.
- : Following new legislation in Lostlands plain, summer science camps are regularly raided by narcotics police.
- : Following new legislation in Lostlands plain, maintaining economic growth is no laughing matter.
- : Following new legislation in Lostlands plain, TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas.
- : Lostlands plain lodged a message on the SolarFlare Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Lostlands plain, hypochondriacs demand treatment for genetic disorders they don't have.