The Republic of Lothlorain is a colossal, cultured nation, remarkable for its national health service, smutty television, and pith helmet sales. The compassionate population of 6.213 billion Lothlorainians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government prioritizes Education, although Healthcare, Industry, and Administration are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lothloria. The average income tax rate is 80.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Lothlorainian economy, worth 706 trillion Umarks a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 113,717 Umarks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Trust-fund babies line up for places in community college, government popup ads are springing up like weeds, sex offenders find themselves cut off from the ability to repeat their crimes, and anti-vaxxers are right about the government injecting diseases into people. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lothlorain's national animal is the Pegasus, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lothlorain's influence in Iveagh rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Power".
- : Lothlorain was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Lothlorain was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Lothlorain was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Lothlorain was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- : Lothlorain was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Lothlorain was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens and Highest Poor Incomes and the Top 10% for Most Inclusive.
- : Lothlorain was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Lothlorain was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Lothlorain was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens, Most Popular Tourist Destinations, Lowest Crime Rates, and Most Beautiful Environments.
Endorsements Received: None.