|Leader||Central Planning Unit Y-17a|
The Prison State of Lothundy is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Central Planning Unit Y-17a with an iron fist, and renowned for its rampant corporate plagiarism, sprawling nuclear power plants, and vat-grown people. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 1.188 billion Lothundics are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Prilyr. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 88.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Lothundyian economy, worth 192 trillion markcoins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched black market in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Beef-Based Agriculture. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 161,822 markcoins, with the richest citizens earning 6.9 times as much as the poorest.
Officer recruitment and police brutality have reached an all-time high, homeless people are frequently charged with trespassing on public property, foreign governments are looking into weaponizing the infamous Lothundyian bee, and scientists spend more time enduring government inspections than they do on actual science. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lothundy's national animal is the shrike, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Lothundy, scientists spend more time enduring government inspections than they do on actual science.
- : Following new legislation in Lothundy, foreign governments are looking into weaponizing the infamous Lothundyian bee.
- : Following new legislation in Lothundy, homeless people are frequently charged with trespassing on public property.
- : Following new legislation in Lothundy, officer recruitment and police brutality have reached an all-time high.
- : Lothundy voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Deadeye Jack".
- : Lothundy voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom of dress".
- : Following new legislation in Lothundy, drills and shovels have been banned as the government cracks down on any means of fracking.
- : Following new legislation in Lothundy, the experimental sculpture "Overtures In Dried Shrike Dung" has been declared a national treasure.
- : Following new legislation in Lothundy, the military patrols the streets in search of possible secessionists.
- : Lothundy was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
Endorsements Received: 84 » Cro Magnon, Dilber, Mediobogdum, Bhang Bhang Duc, Wickedly evil people, Giovanniland, Fuentana, Fujai, BIteland, Nieubasria, Orcatortugs, Wellington Bingbong, Gracelantia, Eastern Bahia, Lodiberdade, Hamburg Neo, Weratt, Arvladma, Archonina, Plarland Amex, Westwind, Sensorland, Marina Nova, Constantinopolisia, The Rega, Kisovec, Crazy Waters, The Anti-Social Socialists, Comia Noracon, Liberillia, Professor thomas, Mirchusko, Ferroia, Probablynotverygoodistan, Condonohia, Holmani, Atheist States of Philippines, Nephitty, Albyion Kingdom, Shaktirajya, Kittenlicious, New Belia, Dreamers for Hope, Papercuts and Skittles, DiscGolfLand, Pandaland II, Greg Tucker, Zoran, Fallgriffin, Al-Amanah, and 34 others.New Democratic Republic of Russia, Psikuta, Twisted Duality, Av Libertas Vindex, Common Good, IndyCar Racing, Oronia, Glorious Existence, Kalla, Orson Welles, Lynier, Sindria, Nevafornia, Arnic, Greynne, The Undivided, Mathematania, Robbinston, Akshireuya, Kiensu, The divisive isolationists, Volkason, The North American Assembly, Draggy, Escapitania, Bucals Kagotoaion, Aaiol, Nas Crustium, Ocheon, Keggland, Dowaesk, Omskin, Akhkar, and Athrid HullHund.