The People's Republic of Luako is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Boin with an iron fist, and remarkable for its ban on automobiles, compulsory military service, and lack of airports. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 2.584 billion Luakoans are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Boin's Town. The average income tax rate is 86.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Luakoan economy, worth 312 trillion Hammers a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Trout Farming, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 120,841 Hammers, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
13-year-old internet trolls are treated as a threat on par with terrorists, courtrooms can be a little sketchy, citizens are encouraged to report friends, family members or co-workers who seem depressed to the government for "counselling", and the installation of street lights across remote goat tracks has left citizens bemused. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Luako's national animal is the Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Luako voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Voting Equality for Freed Inmates"".
- : Luako was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Luako voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Digital Network Defense"".
- : Luako's influence in New West Indies rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Luako voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Blood Donation Safety and Equality Act".
- : Luako voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Scardino".
- : Luako voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Military Death Penalty Ban".
- : Luako voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Digital Network Defense"".
- : Luako voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Dilber".
- : Luako was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
Endorsements Received: 19 » Karteria, Achipel, Celestiam, Funky Goats, Cymiopolis, Jakkonia, The Kingdoms of Austranisia, Ryanius, Four Sicilys, Almere Region, Osma del sur, Central Birdland, Barrencol, Gallaton, Ventus Prime, Hyperchoram, Margatina, Smaragdina, and Italia Unita.