The Republic of Lucciana is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Dave Wellington with an even hand, and remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, zero percent divorce rate, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate population of 2.089 billion Luccians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Mouria. The average income tax rate is 57.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Luccianan economy, worth 195 trillion Luccian Dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 93,557 Luccian Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Many parents are becoming frustrated with their children's choices in spouses, the military struggles with recruitment, CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears, and retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lucciana's national animal is the Dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lucciana voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Digital Network Defense"".
- : Lucciana was endorsed by The Glacieri of Alemputo.
- : Lucciana was endorsed by The Potato of Silvedania.
- : Lucciana was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed and Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Lucciana was endorsed by The 1st Indian Empire of The Indian Royalty.
- : Following new legislation in Lucciana, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites.
- : Following new legislation in Lucciana, CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears.
- : Following new legislation in Lucciana, the military struggles with recruitment.
- : Following new legislation in Lucciana, many parents are becoming frustrated with their children's choices in spouses.
- : Following new legislation in Lucciana, Luccianan actors literally work from cradle to grave.
Endorsements Received: 40 » Valentian Elysium, The Soylent Green Party, Imperium Libertarium Marxium, Dustwind, Caldorado, Anisopterra, Vivolkha, Waitiki, Kachikawawa, Solsevara, The Republic of Osea, Evertopia, Ignis Cinere, Liberdon, Marxist Germany, Namakan, Makykay, Creeptopia, Wysrod, Drewish, Point Comfort Colony, Nea Komnenia, United States of Island land, Maconshinbernititte, Ardelenia, Ascended Union, The Galactic American Imperium, Anollasia, Solarampa, Megistos, S Mova Derat, Pianaville, Krystalveil, The Assembly of Awesomeness, Wischland, Killettland, Capea, The Indian Royalty, Silvedania, and Alemputo.