The Federal Republic of Luiberg is a very large, cultured nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service and irreverence towards religion. The democratic population of 195 million Luians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 28.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Luian economy, worth 8.61 trillion márcs a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 44,171 márcs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
There is no other place with more lab coats per square mile than former houses of worship, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students, conversion therapy coupons are a popular present for coming of age ceremonies, and major internet servers have acquired citizenship. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Luiberg's national animal is the Stasutor, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Luiberg resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Luiberg was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- : Luiberg's influence in Balder rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Luiberg voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend 9003".
- : Luiberg voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Proper Hygiene For Medical Instruments".
- : Following new legislation in Luiberg, major internet servers have acquired citizenship.
- : Following new legislation in Luiberg, conversion therapy coupons are a popular present for coming of age ceremonies.
- : Following new legislation in Luiberg, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students.
- : Luiberg was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- : Following new legislation in Luiberg, there is no other place with more lab coats per square mile than former houses of worship.