The Community of Lundara is a massive, safe nation, remarkable for its infamous sell-swords, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.763 billion Lundarans enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pizzaland. The average income tax rate is 77.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Lundaran economy, worth 89.0 trillion shells a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Pizza Delivery. Average income is 32,195 shells, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
It is rumoured that Leader uses a magic 8-ball to make policy decisions, a rolling news ticker tape of disclaimers runs across the bottom of the screen on all TV shows, male cubicle workers stand up every time a woman enters the room, and food shipments to Brasilistan have been replaced with DIY fishing rods and unintelligible instruction manuals. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lundara's national animal is the rat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lundara was endorsed by The Trading Card Nation of Dorab.
- : Lundara was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Lundara was endorsed by The 1st Indian Empire of The Indian Royalty.
- : Lundara endorsed The Fabled Republic of Wischland.
- : Following new legislation in Lundara, food shipments to Brasilistan have been replaced with DIY fishing rods and unintelligible instruction manuals.
- : Following new legislation in Lundara, male cubicle workers stand up every time a woman enters the room.
- : Following new legislation in Lundara, a rolling news ticker tape of disclaimers runs across the bottom of the screen on all TV shows.
- : Following new legislation in Lundara, it is rumoured that Leader uses a magic 8-ball to make policy decisions.
- : Lundara was reclassified from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- : Following new legislation in Lundara, prank shows are so hot right now.
Endorsements Received: 35 » Free Land of Rebellium, Northern Nivaria, Medetas, Evertopia, Dustwind, Vivolkha, Ascended Union, Anisopterra, Kachikawawa, Waitiki, The Republic of Osea, Ignis Cinere, Marxist Germany, Blogotopia, Wysrod, Namakan, Valentian Elysium, Ner Epiand, Maconshinbernititte, Ardelenia, The Galactic American Imperium, S Mova Derat, Nea Komnenia, Megistos, United States of Island land, Pianaville, The Assembly of Awesomeness, Krystalveil, Wischland, Killettland, Capea, Silvedania, Alemputo, The Indian Royalty, and Dorab.