The United Kingdom of Lusitania and Britannia is a colossal, genial nation, remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, irreverence towards religion, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 5.655 billion Luso-britannians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lisdon. The average income tax rate is 95.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Luso-britannian economy, worth 855 trillion Escudoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 151,336 Escudoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Employers are keenest on employees who lack family values, modelling agencies send their clients to work in nursing homes, brave curators do battle with disorganised government libraries, and a common response to government PSAs is "well, DUH, obviously". Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lusitania and Britannia's national animal is the Gryphon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lusitania and Britannia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Following new legislation in Lusitania and Britannia, a common response to government PSAs is "well, DUH, obviously".
- : Following new legislation in Lusitania and Britannia, brave curators do battle with disorganised government libraries.
- : Following new legislation in Lusitania and Britannia, modelling agencies send their clients to work in nursing homes.
- : Following new legislation in Lusitania and Britannia, employers are keenest on employees who lack family values.
- : Lusitania and Britannia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Integrity in Law Enforcement".
- : Lusitania and Britannia endorsed The Democracy of West Wirral.
- : Lusitania and Britannia endorsed The Empire of Shristhanaka.
- : Lusitania and Britannia endorsed The United Kingdom of Novamexia 3.
- : Lusitania and Britannia endorsed The Dictatorship of Guztavo.
Endorsements Received: 66 » Arvigiel, Abassyia, Vlazinova, Gabingston, Lethen, Raghallaigh, Beriwen, Almendron, Pirataria, --Neo-America--, Eumenides, Poquaoi, New Peoples Empire, Trollfaceia, Katkasistan, Igueranel, Liveropolis, Purgitz, Akeland, Voxum Mortalum, Arqhua, Ipsonasia, Acapais, Polgaria, Gooblaria, United-Marrshmallows, Free Rosabell, Serpahima, Muertio, Greatnessity City, Brickfield, Le Libertia, Eloscape, Aexnidaral, Mancheseva City, Budraria, South Eastern Centralia, Old Aweic Wirs, Dat Countreh, ROFLOLMAO LAND, The Democratic Peoples, Bolger, Clialaad, Twilight Ways, Terra Potestatem, Poulton-with-Fearnhead, Volkovica, Elaeria, Desrouleaux, Fox-Wolf Unions, and 16 others.Salxeburg, Emastalia, Saarland-Niederbayern, Bellcon, Purple Ruthenia, Murden, Ikheria, Thurston, Federal Republic of Respondia, Deathfall, Caffeinated, Kingdom of Stargard, Chungus World, Androxis, Baobab-Bumbaria, and Novamexia 3.