The Theocracy of Lux Umbrat is a huge, efficient nation, remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, zero percent divorce rate, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 871 million Lux Umbratians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of UrbisPolis. The average income tax rate is 79.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Lux Umbratian economy, worth 78.1 trillion Drachmes a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Cheese Exports, Arms Manufacturing, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is 89,655 Drachmes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Religious epiphanies are often cited as a reason for high school drop-outs, old dogs don't have to learn new tricks but they have to prove they haven't forgotten old ones, judicial torture is outsourced overseas, and children often kick Doves for amusement. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lux Umbrat's national animal is the Dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lux Umbrat was endorsed by The Glorious People's Republic of Integria.
- : Lux Umbrat was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Lux Umbrat, children often kick Doves for amusement.
- : Following new legislation in Lux Umbrat, judicial torture is outsourced overseas.
- : Following new legislation in Lux Umbrat, old dogs don't have to learn new tricks but they have to prove they haven't forgotten old ones.
- : Following new legislation in Lux Umbrat, religious epiphanies are often cited as a reason for high school drop-outs.
- : Following new legislation in Lux Umbrat, the government is attempting to revitalize a gutted private sector.
- : Lux Umbrat voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Syria".
- : Lux Umbrat voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commercial Arbitration Recognition".
- : Lux Umbrat endorsed The Kingdom of Sedunn.
Endorsements Received: 87 » Yeldarbsland, Kandorith, Volaworand, The Worst army of, Erinor, CzechoSlovakishMoravia, Corgitopiaa, Auphelia, Amerion, Anserisa, Qvait, Aumeltopia, Witerrocines, Land Without Shrimp, Bawkie, West Pastafaria, PenguinPies, Bleakfoot, Kringalia, Pencil Sharpeners 2, The Filippinas, Marinho Islands, Farengeto, Wehraboos, Nowa Europa, Crystal Creation, Well F, Tsvetania, Jehenna, New Briantown, Drugged Monkeys, Sandaoguo, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Myness, Tsunamy, Kedjens, Avia Lavanda, Midand, Concrete Slab, Catillos, United Great Holy Empire, HUElavia, Fighting Kawi Ninja, Zosnor, Japanese Federal Republic, Bear Connors Paradiso, Curlyhoward, The Solar System Scope, Aidenfieeld, Si-topia, and 37 others.Nova Montron, Luddinlande, Seliyan progressive Islands, Barabarom, Noire Denholm, Centristvill, Linguiniland, Native Inhabitants of Antarctica, Utondara, Kholdan, Hanguk-Nippon, Ebonhand, ChickenDome, Merevane, Philippinia, House Ahsanul, Tepertopia, Qawe, Phanama, Holy Free, The Tecorogan Federation, Bartonia Nova, Purple Hyacinth, Ovkianos, Klobitien, Kaoia, Rebel-topia, Zataras, Alfama, Ofaria, Sedunn, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Novum Sina, Transtemporal Shifts, Vanbella, Eskvenn, and Integria.