The Grand Duchy of Lynxaion is a huge, genial nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, keen interest in outer space, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 315 million Lynxitens love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Stribor. The average income tax rate is 38.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Lynxaionian economy, worth 19.9 trillion Kronor a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Retail, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 63,079 Kronor, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Picnickers are lucky if a few wasps are the only animals that trouble them, the only thing slower than the economy is the exchange where it's managed, cash-strapped junkies lick rabbits for a cheap high, and the nation threatens sanctions on islands only visible at low tide. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lynxaion's national animal is the Griffin, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lynxaion was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Lynxaion, the nation threatens sanctions on islands only visible at low tide.
- : Following new legislation in Lynxaion, cash-strapped junkies lick rabbits for a cheap high.
- : Following new legislation in Lynxaion, the only thing slower than the economy is the exchange where it's managed.
- : Lynxaion was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Lynxaion endorsed The Cayon Democratic Republic of Altnavia.
- : Lynxaion voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Haku".
- : Following new legislation in Lynxaion, picnickers are lucky if a few wasps are the only animals that trouble them.
- : Lynxaion was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Lynxaion, there have been sightings of people walking around dressed in nothing but leopard-skin g-strings for 'religious reasons'.
Endorsements Received: 78 » ARIAPOLIS01, Volaworand, Yaravia, Amerion, Drystar, Beblahbleblo, Ever Testing, Holota, Tepertopia, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Arscanesia, Bawkie, Land Without Shrimp, Eleuthelrium, Chernaya Zvezda, Tsunamy, Ebonhand, The Island of Sorna, Bistritza, Treir, Corgitopiaa, PenguinPies, Wehraboos, Esterwood, Aidenfieeld, Groblinus, Kiasu-ism, Kole Uguna, Great Lothian, Farengeto, Outer Utonixick Gollinican, Holy Free, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, The Two Jerseys, Stephastan, Eae, Shadeth, Omalayia, Jehenna, United States of Belvaria, Amoralami, Antwerpen1, Jammlandia, Uvalor, A Place Somewhere, North Kanuckistan, Driodal, Max Siotto, Dupanda, Aflus, and 28 others.Lile Ulie Islands, The Stolen Lands, Taigama, Gennaretia, Abarri, Rhetiaa, Petea, Zamkadishi, South Pacifican Kilendjj, Eggraria, Pencil Sharpeners 2, LadyRebels, Nouvel Empire, Willing Mind, Sureiya, Winlah, Yellunstryer, Kremony, Antarctic Empires, Arugan, New Mistland, The Haughtherlands, Dakalian, Sapoe, MaPetiteFille, Evinea, TescoPepsi, and Altnavia.