|Leader||Director Alex Dubois|
|Animal||Fou de Bassan|
The United Maritime Republics of Maanenland is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Director Alex Dubois with a fair hand, and remarkable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 19.423 billion Maanlanders hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Healthcare and Administration also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Port Franc. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Maanenic economy, worth a remarkable 4,725 trillion Jetons a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Retail, and Soda Sales. Average income is an amazing 243,302 Jetons, with the richest citizens earning 7.0 times as much as the poorest.
Economists confusingly list "fusarium rot and leaf blight" as major risk factors for monetary deflation, pre-takeoff checks last longer than the flights themselves, farting etiquette is taught in schools, and the government is pouring funds into the nation's welfare system. Crime is totally unknown. Maanenland's national animal is the Fou de Bassan, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Maanenland, the government is pouring funds into the nation's welfare system.
- : Following new legislation in Maanenland, farting etiquette is taught in schools.
- : Maanenland was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of The Axis of Death.
- : Maanenland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Convicted Voters".
- : Following new legislation in Maanenland, pre-takeoff checks last longer than the flights themselves.
- : Following new legislation in Maanenland, economists confusingly list "fusarium rot and leaf blight" as major risk factors for monetary deflation.
- : Following new legislation in Maanenland, employers may fire workers without giving any reason.
- : Following new legislation in Maanenland, burial ceremonies have become as routinised as tax forms.
- : Following new legislation in Maanenland, dentists routinely perform open heart surgery.
- : Maanenland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes.
Endorsements Received: 99 » Saint Domingo, Republic of Satherland, Yahlia, Irminsulia, Kenmoria WA Mission, Slavonia and Srijem, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Thracia Republic, The New Nordic Union, Northern German Federation, Ahma, Outer Sparta, St Scarlett, Nuweland, Brakanistan, Thracia and Crimea, Slavorussia, Imperium Anglorum, Dark Matter, Supcotia, South St Maarten, An Clar, Nardin, Leranditale, Soviet Taoistan, Wessex and Cornwall, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Bohomo, GanymedEuropa, Feria-Alkaline, Elisabethshagen, Alsted, Wombelland, Lovisa, Neuchateau, Walfo, Regnum Italiae, Mallesia, The Wretched of this Earth, The Mongol Plain, Lord Sapre, IllyrianAlbania, Jim the Baptist, Prussian-Union, Wiener-Neustadt, The Champions League, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Invernessia, Destyntine, Someseni, and 49 others.Pilipinas and Malaya, Sloburg, North of Americas, Chronus, Savinecross, Shaor, The Seven Provinces, Ausvelt, Abject Ludicrosity, The Kingdom of Denmark, Jahass, Mons Graupius, Lohika, Sienkahn, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Boldia, Meropis, Rivierenland, Crestphalia, The New Mexican Confederation, Apabeossie, Enway, Greater Icelandia, Trixeland, Kanokla, Kyrica, Uzbek Khan, Eski, Leiningerland, Christian Terra, Valtrona, Eco-Paris Reformation, Mynox, Northwest Isles, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Canovium, Othenhiem, Chioganah, Estellan, Continental Social Democrats, Bareu, Nuevo Europa, Thanianberg, Zulrich, Titoist Yugoslavia, Gliesetonia, Nazakhstan Empire, En Hassik, and The Axis of Death.