|Leader||Premier Commissar John Cooper|
The Council Republic of Magorostan is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Premier Commissar John Cooper with an even hand, and notable for its smutty television, prohibition of alcohol, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, humorless population of 2.648 billion Magors are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Zubrowka. The average income tax rate is 96.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Magor economy, worth 529 trillion florents a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 199,816 florents, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
It is quite common for bar patrons to discuss Wittgenstein over cordials and games of backgammon, the sound of wooden legs echo throughout Magorostan after the recent introduction of the Foot Tax, the aims of top-secret Magor science projects revolve around designing the perfect robot woman, and census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Magorostan's national animal is the saker falcon, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Exotheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Magorostan, census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate.
- : Following new legislation in Magorostan, the aims of top-secret Magor science projects revolve around designing the perfect robot woman.
- : Following new legislation in Magorostan, the sound of wooden legs echo throughout Magorostan after the recent introduction of the Foot Tax.
- : Following new legislation in Magorostan, it is quite common for bar patrons to discuss Wittgenstein over cordials and games of backgammon.
- : Following new legislation in Magorostan, daring to agree with another politician is grounds for instant dismissal.
- : Magorostan endorsed The Republic of Parmovand.
- : Magorostan was endorsed by The Republic of Parmovand.
- : Following new legislation in Magorostan, a byzantine web of conspiracies and secret alliances must be navigated any time legislation is voted upon.
- : Following new legislation in Magorostan, hospitals scramble for new disinfectants following a ban on rubbing alcohol.
- : Following new legislation in Magorostan, geosynchronous satellites are now manned by unpaid interns.
Endorsements Received: 175 » El Fiji Grande, Territorio di Nessuno, Ethnon, Corfad, United Draconia, Yaorozu, Dragonar, Siwale, Holy Oranz, Dar es Saalam, Notyoutopia, Shibutani, Koda-Land, Q w e r t y, Daiz, Shin-Hachioji, Shadowrik, PlanetPunk, Amauri, Malta Comino Gozo, Pasargad, Sunto, Wilkshire, Sil Dorsett, Buckerino, The Iron Lions, Sundred, The Rhein States, Wineclaw, Ostrolia, Pleroma Sans Romans, Zeternia, Selfgradatude, The Most Freedom Ever, Kwaj, Pallaith, Moubarakistan, Great Bights Mum, Empy, New Bremerton, Valhalla123, Lunallian, New Pruessen, New Lakemba, Arstungry, Frances Francis the First of France, Islamic Cali, Spartoptia, Newpromisedland, Universal State Formula, and 125 others.SORT, Former English Colony, General COE, Sinelona, Torakuen, Vincone Cae, Babacar, Votak Matim, Niradans, North Bratislava, Kasazzastan, Omnistria, Cloydicia, Highton Islands, Diodone, Napnomadia, Cool game nation, Bearical, Unsophisticate, Hong Kong Empire, Federation Terra Australis, Black Templares, Outer Egorniand, Ninjak30, Dreadton, Xentherida, Zumlandia, The South Falls, Yukti, The Windmilluminati, Partax, Maott, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Kulgatha, Steraz, Alunya, Joodey, Ainsworth, Ozstan, Atain, The Sinclarian Provinces, Guer Aike, Ieprus, Egalico, Solmetria, Guslantis, Ibiscaton, Saturns Edge, Misuvelia, Zemnaya Svoboda, Orven, Jasminlandia, Steampunk Ariel, Sea Ghost, Trillius, Plangainer, Haor Chall, Unimaginable Doom, Victoriaans Nederlands, 1 very fast endotarter, Aratani, Yummy Blubber, Ikea Rike, British Pacific Islands, Loutsland, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Noahs Second Country, Test for a new hope, Fayyayid, Analomink, Antityranicals, Elder Realms, GRANDE IMPERIO ORIENTAL PAGAO EUDUARDO, Constantinolia, Makersaulache, Kobagia, Glurponia, Xzavia-Hjar, Sockmanland, Utopicican, Runeda, Orado, Cuyan, Seenvorland, Concordare, The Tampa Bay Rays, Lindsaystan, New Flos, New Octicarg, Duerrlewang, McMasterdonia, Miruma, The Stratosphere Islands, Alusten, Ponantine, Racoda, Nakayo, Wisconsota, The Nation that will win Soops for 9003, Gnomewatchers, Tamgu, Potestasia, Kaschovia, Francois Isidore, Eteles, Altamonte, Prevaland, Avenged Sevenfoldia, Nothru Lerple, PotatoFarmers, Angshire, Abject Ludicrosity, Serendipita Martia, Kranostav, United Kahndaq, Loli County, Clan Spaniel, Pazair, United Western Federation, Viridiann, Dabarastan, Afcon, Zyvetskistaahn, Opstan, and Parmovand.