The Kingdom of Magtonia is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by King Magnus with an even hand, and notable for its smutty television, keen interest in outer space, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, hard-working, devout population of 1.75 billion Magtonians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Magtropolis. The average income tax rate is 50.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Magtonian economy, worth 153 trillion Crowns a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 87,630 Crowns, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
A typical fast food menu item could serve a small army, it's rare to find an unchewed pencil, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, and residents of newly dried out bays live in fear of leaky dikes. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Magtonia's national animal is the Stag, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Magnuism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Magtonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Magtonia was endorsed by The Glacieri of Alemputo.
- : Magtonia was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Saint Islaw Wra.
- : Magtonia was endorsed by The Potato of Silvedania.
- : Following new legislation in Magtonia, residents of newly dried out bays live in fear of leaky dikes.
- : Following new legislation in Magtonia, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators.
- : Following new legislation in Magtonia, it's rare to find an unchewed pencil.
- : Following new legislation in Magtonia, a typical fast food menu item could serve a small army.
- : Following new legislation in Magtonia, engine room hooch is the drink of choice among the nation's navy.
- : Magtonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments.
Endorsements Received: 26 » Anisopterra, Kachikawawa, Valentian Elysium, Wysrod, Waitiki, Ignis Cinere, The Republic of Osea, Evertopia, Greenmont Federation, Dustwind, Maconshinbernititte, Ascended Union, Clialaad, Ardelenia, Holma, The Galactic American Imperium, Megistos, United States of Island land, S Mova Derat, Pianaville, Krystalveil, Wischland, Capea, Silvedania, Saint Islaw Wra, and Alemputo.