The Republic of Makudu is a huge, genial nation, notable for its daily referendums, irreverence towards religion, and devotion to social welfare. The democratic population of 212 million Makuduans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 66.0%.
The sizeable but inefficient Makuduan economy, worth 7.50 trillion turtles a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Automobile Manufacturing, and Soda Sales. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 35,366 turtles, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.9 times as much as the poorest.
The nation has opened its arms to an influx of refugees, there have been sightings of people walking around dressed in nothing but leopard-skin g-strings for 'religious reasons', family isn't who you're born with but who you abandon in foreign countries, and there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Makudu's national animal is the phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Makudu was endorsed by The Republic of Zumlandia.
- : Following new legislation in Makudu, there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt.
- : Following new legislation in Makudu, family isn't who you're born with but who you abandon in foreign countries.
- : Following new legislation in Makudu, there have been sightings of people walking around dressed in nothing but leopard-skin g-strings for 'religious reasons'.
- : Makudu was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- : Following new legislation in Makudu, the nation has opened its arms to an influx of refugees.
- : Following new legislation in Makudu, the government has announced its plans to construct a giant weaponised robot-cat.
- : Makudu voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Common Territories".
- : Makudu voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Prevention of Mutually assured destruction".
- : Makudu endorsed The Most Fabulous SC Member of Frances Francis the First of France.
Endorsements Received: 94 » Alunya, Territorio di Nessuno, Sunto, Notyoutopia, El Fiji Grande, The Rhein States, Shibutani, Frances Francis the First of France, Siwale, Fayyayid, Shin-Hachioji, Omnistria, Vikingiarchy, Great Bights Mum, Peldorn, Uganda Knuckles UK, Yaorozu, Trillius, Ethnon, Corfad, Egalico, Napnomadia, PlanetPunk, Kwaj, North Bratislava, Bayern-Straubing, Kasazzastan, Ibiscaton, Newpromisedland, Free Azzaca, Joodey, Q w e r t y, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Koda-Land, Torakuen, Ikea Rike, Steampunk Ariel, New Bremerton, Amauri, Black Templares, Sheldanada, Sundred, Lomjia, Spartoptia, Sinelona, Castle Federation, Jasminlandia, Tsardom of Leonlandia, Acrabinnia, Dreadton, and 44 others.Eri-Maqa-Ena, Sil Dorsett, Tappan Hills, Pallaith, 1 very fast endotarter, Noahs Second Country, Dar es Saalam, New Pruessen, Loutsland, Saturns Edge, Thiammyalllaland, Former English Colony, Apetopia, Selfgradatude, Votak Matim, Ejhsa, Shadowrik, Test for a new hope, Conservadoria, Elder Realms, Alice Gardens, Federation Terra Australis, North Altatude, The Black Cathedral, Wineclaw, GRANDE IMPERIO ORIENTAL PAGAO EUDUARDO, Maott, Loli County, Guer Aike, Haor Chall, Eriadni, Xentherida, Solidair, Constantinolia, Pasargad, Justanistan, Holy Oranz, Aratani, Makersaulache, Wilkshire, Valhalla123, Kobagia, Glurponia, and Zumlandia.