|Leader||Mandex the Great|
The Oppressed Peoples of Mandexia is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Mandex the Great with an even hand, and notable for its compulsory military service, anti-smoking policies, and hatred of cheese. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 8.412 billion Mandexians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large, corrupt, liberal government prioritizes Education, although Healthcare, Law & Order, and Environment are also considered important, while Spirituality and International Aid receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mandexia. The average income tax rate is 49.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Mandexian economy, worth 702 trillion stones a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 83,461 stones, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Panels from bankrupt rooftop solar companies are used as props for sci-fi B-movies, almost every singles' party has a clergy and courtesans theme, the Ministry of Health has reported a sharp increase in the incidence of delayed menopause, and employers are keenest on employees who lack family values. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mandexia's national animal is the llama, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mandexia endorsed The Disputed Territories of United Drafonstland.
- : Mandexia endorsed The Free Land of Beanz.
- : Mandexia endorsed The Imperial Republic of Numeracy.
- : Mandexia was endorsed by The Disputed Territories of United Drafonstland.
- : Mandexia was endorsed by The Free Land of Beanz.
- : Mandexia's influence in NationStates rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Following new legislation in Mandexia, employers are keenest on employees who lack family values.
- : Following new legislation in Mandexia, the Ministry of Health has reported a sharp increase in the incidence of delayed menopause.
- : Mandexia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Mandexia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens and Largest Publishing Industry.