The Democratic Republic of Maoux is a huge, genial nation, renowned for its daily referendums, complete lack of prisons, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 700 million Maouxians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Olisipo. The average income tax rate is 78.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Maouxian economy, worth 53.6 trillion olivaes a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Basket Weaving, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 76,604 olivaes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Every workday begins with group therapy, the parliament building has installed a revolving door, truncheon-mounted cameras record the beating of criminals in dynamic HD detail, and skateboarding is considered a form of diplomacy. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Maoux's national animal is the papillon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Maoux was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Maoux was endorsed by The Commonwealth of PS Suisse.
- : Maoux was endorsed by The Sultanate of Small Potato.
- : Maoux was endorsed by The Shahdom of Siriza.
- : Maoux was endorsed by The Community of Ronaldan.
- : Maoux was endorsed by The Free Land of Varavano.
- : Maoux was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Maoux was endorsed by The United Socialist States of New Viles.
- : Maoux endorsed The Democratic Republic of Upper Chult.
- : Following new legislation in Maoux, skateboarding is considered a form of diplomacy.
Endorsements Received: 44 » Venovica, United Syndicates of Sol, Pyceiline, Liossalde, Maupedonia, Dekks, Mauvemarke, Balkvla Islands, Proxmire, Silverfish37, Silabar, Syvis, Wase, West eire, Rayo, AtlasBarfed, YouTube Rewind 2018, Qingling, Requand, Gallo Republic, Tohickon, Scientists Allied, Morfeyra, Biblionesia, Roenland, Vennon, Dialogos, Zenthen Isles, Yousta, Ezechard, The Pirotian Republic, Mexican Syndicalists, Curlingland, The Celtic Islets, Oh my god it is so hard to find a name, Talamia, Ludense, Upper Chult, New Viles, Varavano, Ronaldan, Siriza, Small Potato, and PS Suisse.