The Glorious Commarist paradise of Marescow is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Empress Ivanna with an iron fist, and remarkable for its compulsory military service, irreverence towards religion, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 1.982 billion Comrades are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, moralistic, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Marescow. The average income tax rate is 74.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Marescowian economy, worth 72.5 trillion Marechmas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Pizza Delivery, and Retail. Average income is 36,597 Marechmas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Soldiers' positions are given away by the glint of their bayonets, Commarism has been named as Marescow's national religion, anti-vaxxers claim that injected children are prone to psychotic breaks when they see the 'Queen of Diamonds' playing card, and supervisors in Marescow commonly tie bells on their necks to alert employees of their presence. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Marescow's national animal is the Yak, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Commarism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Marescow, supervisors in Marescow commonly tie bells on their necks to alert employees of their presence.
- : Following new legislation in Marescow, anti-vaxxers claim that injected children are prone to psychotic breaks when they see the 'Queen of Diamonds' playing card.
- : Marescow created a custom banner.
- : Marescow changed its national faith to "Commarism".
- : Following new legislation in Marescow, Commarism has been named as Marescow's national religion.
- : Marescow's influence in Pony Lands rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Marescow altered its national flag.
- : Marescow relocated from Balder to Pony Lands.
- : Marescow was refounded in Balder.
- : Marescow ceased to exist in Pony Lands.