The Democratic States of Mariarty is a colossal, cultured nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, sprawling nuclear power plants, and frequent executions. The compassionate, democratic population of 7.425 billion Mariartyians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mariarty City. The average income tax rate is 69.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Mariartyian economy, worth 613 trillion Euros a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 82,688 Euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Politicians "baring all" for the camera isn't always a figure of speech, books are so highly regarded in Mariarty that libraries are often revered as holy shrines, getting an abortion takes less hassle than writing a letter, and grinding bureaucracy has the international wheels of justice turning slowly. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mariarty's national animal is the Velociraptor, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Mariarty, grinding bureaucracy has the international wheels of justice turning slowly.
- : Following new legislation in Mariarty, getting an abortion takes less hassle than writing a letter.
- : Mariarty endorsed The Cartographer Guy of Staynes.
- : Mariarty endorsed The Federative Republic of Southern Yugoslavia.
- : Mariarty withdrew its endorsement from The Don't Endorse Me of A Slanted Black Stripe.
- : Mariarty was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Mariarty, books are so highly regarded in Mariarty that libraries are often revered as holy shrines.
- : Following new legislation in Mariarty, politicians "baring all" for the camera isn't always a figure of speech.
- : Mariarty voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Common Territories".
- : Mariarty voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Prevention of Mutually assured destruction".
Endorsements Received: 53 » Fedele, A Slanted Black Stripe, Axdel, H-Zhena, Bachtendekuppen, Neruch, Roissyland, Tim Stark, Brotherland, Pulmonaria, Todd McCloud, Goodnamesarerare, The Angel of Charity, The Romanum Legio, Aelitia, Republic of Berzerkistan, Rhealaliit, Wiranath, Janoobi Jazair, United China Nation, Xobalon, Talitoa, Wansley Manor, Taya Dust, Socialist Holy American Empire, TheRuthenians, Galve, Servants of Gizmo, Am Echad, LewisWorld, The Holy Empire of Moronica, Constructbegin, Kagorg Bra Corna, Enlil, Hizuru, Davelands, BearStackof2015, Ravendi, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Someseni, The Holy Utopian Republic, Free sovereign Soviet socialist republic, Kilkire, Pakitsk, VoyKovie, Kingdom of Pars, Marrico, Aleister, Funkadelia, The United Neo American Union, and 3 others.Opossum Slayer, Kangarawa, and VW53Aland.