|Leader||A pair of rather dazzling Shoelaces|
The Republic of Marimoland is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by A pair of rather dazzling Shoelaces with an even hand, and remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, smutty television, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 6.738 billion Marimolandi enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Plantropolis. The average income tax rate is 95.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Marimolandish economy, worth 984 trillion hugs a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 146,135 hugs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Ticket touts are blamed for the downfall of communism, recognizing the Marimolandish flag qualifies you for citizenship, drug deals return to the streets as legions of undercover officers stalk the dark web, and employers are keenest on employees who lack family values. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Marimoland's national animal is the tardigrade, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Marimoland, employers are keenest on employees who lack family values.
- : Following new legislation in Marimoland, drug deals return to the streets as legions of undercover officers stalk the dark web.
- : Marimoland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Marimoland was endorsed by The Republic of Tscharva.
- : Marimoland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Marimoland was endorsed by The Great Forest of Ordand.
- : Marimoland was endorsed by The Kingdom of Paplia.
- : Marimoland was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Rivienland.
- : Marimoland was endorsed by The Theocracy of Heidgaudr.
- : Marimoland's influence in Forest rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
Endorsements Received: 17 » Ransium, Novian Republics, Ruinenlust, Cheloboria, Cat-Herders United, Feladria, Canaltia, Appendia, Turbeaux, Pen Blanityion, Greyveldt, Atsvea, Lura, Hyon Delta, Anachronolandia, Ordand, and Tscharva.