The República Socialista of Marrico is a massive, safe nation, ruled by O Conselho with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, free-roaming dinosaurs, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.909 billion Marricanos have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Magia. The average income tax rate is 46.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Marricano economy, worth 584 trillion Pesos a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 149,450 Pesos, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Groups of government workers are declared protected tribes if they venture too deep into the Capitol, the government spends more on chasing distant comets than on basic infrastructure, proletariat workers identify less with the hammer and sickle and more with the touchscreen and phone charger, and truncheon-mounted cameras record the beating of criminals in dynamic HD detail. Crime is totally unknown. Marrico's national animal is the Onça, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Marrico was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Marrico's influence in Social Liberal Union rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Marrico's influence in Social Liberal Union rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Marrico's influence in Social Liberal Union rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : The United States of The Princia dismissed Marrico as Immigration Officer of Princium.
- : Marrico relocated from Princium to Social Liberal Union.
- : Marrico's influence in Princium fell from "Dealmaker" to "Instigator".
- : Marrico's influence in Princium rose from "Contender" to "Dealmaker".
- : Marrico's influence in Princium fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- : Marrico was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
Endorsements Received: None.