The Colony of Martian States of America is a huge, efficient nation, renowned for its pith helmet sales, compulsory military service, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 688 million Martian States of Americans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The tiny government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 7.8%.
The powerhouse Martian States of American economy, worth 54.2 trillion Mars Buxes a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with significant contributions from Gambling, Arms Manufacturing, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is 78,745 Mars Buxes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
Re-education centers are being added to most prisons, the only thing slower than the economy is the exchange where it's managed, the death penalty has been reintroduced, and being wrong on the internet has been classified as digital terrorism. Crime, especially youth-related, is well under control. Martian States of America's national animal is the Rover, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Martian States of America was endorsed by The Kingdom of Vaskeden.
- : Martian States of America was endorsed by The Republic of Mashedpotatoland.
- : Martian States of America was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Deber.
- : Martian States of America endorsed The Second Republic of Tretrid.
- : Following new legislation in Martian States of America, being wrong on the internet has been classified as digital terrorism.
- : Following new legislation in Martian States of America, the death penalty has been reintroduced.
- : Following new legislation in Martian States of America, the only thing slower than the economy is the exchange where it's managed.
- : Following new legislation in Martian States of America, re-education centers are being added to most prisons.
- : Following new legislation in Martian States of America, environmental protestors are being rounded up and taken away in sinister black vans as a massive land development campaign gets underway.
- : Martian States of America was endorsed by The Second Republic of Tretrid.
Endorsements Received: 81 » East Malaysia, Danelaw Scandinavia, Kavanos, BearStackof2015, Zukchiva, Rhealaliit, Ultravisionary Soviets, A mean old man, Wiranath, Gunov, Bai Lung, Khadah, VW53Aland, Jove Mahmo, Pakitsk, H-Zhena, Debluu, Harro Waarudho, Wallenburg, A Slanted Black Stripe, Lanagon, Dravida India, Mecsherstein, Freedomindia, Marrabuk, Federation Of Columbian Republics, Developing World, Axdel, Talitoa, North Bernia, CheeseBurrito, The Empire of Rijelv, New Leganes, Oofery, Lorrana, Pledonia, Wanabe, Santa Dystopia, Drunken Seal Islands, FreedomIand, Elejamie, The solar ottomans, Roliganistan, Modra, Adioration, Empire of Dabiristan, Zukish, Nevertopia, Unger under over, Federated States of Zootron, and 31 others.Ridann, Eastern Alksearia, Freedom Fascists, Squid Ruinosa, Seri Tai Republic, Goodnamesarerare, Outer Verron Swicia Islands, Janoobi Jazair, The Three States of Fortuna, 3 14159265358979323846264, Biingus, Enlil, La xinga, Roissyland, Slys Paws, Distro-Spartica, Brotherland, The Kulaata Islands, Acronis, Technocratic Tagalog, Greater New Cassandra, Spiruvania, Dahom, Layngderfleethe, From New World, Tierra Fuego, Pirnovo, Maricentria, Veterans Association, Tretrid, and Vaskeden.