The Liberated of Matism is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Hank Scorpio with a fair hand, and remarkable for its smutty television, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 8.036 billion Free People enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Healthcare, and Industry also on the agenda, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Globex. The average income tax rate is 94.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Matismian economy, worth a remarkable 1,051 trillion Scorpios a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 130,802 Scorpios, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Any body part that can be cut off a person is no longer considered to be their property, artists from across the nation compete to renovate the restrooms of old government buildings, tax-payers are funding ever more extravagant movie projects, and the military is slashing spending on conventional arms and diverting it to spending on prosthetic arms. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Matism's national animal is the Scorpion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Matism endorsed The Empire of Rajtech.
- : Matism was endorsed by The Empire of Rajtech.
- : Matism endorsed The Hand Rolled Holey Smokes of Av Libertas Vindex.
- : Matism was endorsed by The Hand Rolled Holey Smokes of Av Libertas Vindex.
- : Matism endorsed The Sweet and Snarky Community of The Anti-Social Socialists.
- : Matism was endorsed by The Sweet and Snarky Community of The Anti-Social Socialists.
- : Matism endorsed The Allied States of Dictator s.
- : Matism was endorsed by The Allied States of Dictator s.
- : Following new legislation in Matism, the military is slashing spending on conventional arms and diverting it to spending on prosthetic arms.
- : Following new legislation in Matism, tax-payers are funding ever more extravagant movie projects.
Endorsements Received: 58 » Liberillia, The Free States of Gotham, Wickedly evil people, Papercuts and Skittles, Kittenlicious, Crazy Waters, Sensorland, Tropical Isles, Fujai, Atheist States of Philippines, Akshireuya, Wyndward, Cro Magnon, Fuentana, Nieubasria, Kiensu, Gracelantia, The Undivided, Einherfell, IndyCar Racing, Holmani, Q The Almighty, Fallen Iron Duke, Anuubis, Fresnillo, Archonina, Volkason, Westwind, Professor thomas, Giovanniland, Dilber, Hamburg Neo, Orson Welles, BIteland, Aldesport, The First Earth Empire, Xicqy, Plarland Amex, Zuriath, Antahbrantahstan, Mackieron, Leukogeras, Forcaforta, Lodiberdade, Eastern Bahia, Wellington Bingbong, Eleftherios venizelos, Bhang Bhang Duc, Schlesien-Galizien, Samueliebox, and 8 others.Schantan, Weratt, DiscGolfLand, Podium, Dictator s, The Anti-Social Socialists, Av Libertas Vindex, and Rajtech.