The Populist State of Mauroa is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Adam Maur with a fair hand, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, ubiquitous missile silos, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 5.974 billion Mauroans are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The relatively small, pro-business, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Spirituality, and Public Transport. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Christine. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 8.9%.
The very strong Mauroan economy, worth 431 trillion Coins a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Furniture Restoration, Gambling, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 72,286 Coins, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 232,178 per year while the poor average 17,056, a ratio of 13.6 to 1.
The new foreign policy is "why bother invading neighbours when they can be bought wholesale?", teachers regularly paddle unruly students, aeroplane cockpits no longer have altimeters or airspeed indicators, and travellers are often forcibly evicted by torch-bearing mobs. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Mauroa's national animal is the Sloth, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Confederacy of Layem appointed Mauroa as Chief Minister with authority over Appearance, Border Control, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in Confederacy of Layem.
- : Mauroa altered its national flag.
- : Mauroa's influence in Confederacy of Layem rose from "Unproven" to "Page".
- : Mauroa relocated from Balder to Confederacy of Layem.
- : Mauroa was refounded in Balder.
- : Mauroa ceased to exist in Confederacy of Layem.
- : Mauroa's influence in Confederacy of Layem fell from "Squire" to "Page".
- : Mauroa's influence in Confederacy of Layem rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Mauroa lodged a message on the Confederacy of Layem Regional Message Board.
- : Mauroa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry.