The Automated Socialist States of Mechanico is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Byt with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, punitive income tax rates, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate population of 3.905 billion Mechanicoans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government prioritizes Education, although Administration, Healthcare, and Environment are also considered important, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mechanica. The average income tax rate is 76.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Mechanicoan economy, worth 388 trillion diodes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. Average income is 99,599 diodes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Editorials that criticize the government are legally obligated to display the "pants on fire" warning, the true length of the coastline of Mechanico may never be measured, the entire entry for Mechanico in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the World reads 'mostly harmless', and bored politicians often entertain themselves with games of Simon during important votes. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mechanico's national animal is the ant, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mechanico was endorsed by The Disconcerting Deputy of Flying Snow.
- : Following new legislation in Mechanico, bored politicians often entertain themselves with games of Simon during important votes.
- : Following new legislation in Mechanico, the entire entry for Mechanico in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the World reads 'mostly harmless'.
- : Following new legislation in Mechanico, the true length of the coastline of Mechanico may never be measured.
- : Following new legislation in Mechanico, editorials that criticize the government are legally obligated to display the "pants on fire" warning.
- : Following new legislation in Mechanico, every workday begins with group therapy.
- : Mechanico was endorsed by The RP God n Vizier dubbed Dylan of Staynes.
- : Mechanico was endorsed by The Most Loyal Catholic Union of Castle Federation.
- : Mechanico was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Inclusive and Most Scientifically Advanced and the Top 10% for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Mechanico voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Marine Protection Act".
Endorsements Received: 40 » A Slanted Black Stripe, H-Zhena, Axdel, Wiranath, Brotherland, VW53Aland, Hizuru, BearStackof2015, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Am Echad, Pakitsk, Kilkire, The United Neo American Union, Libertanny, Kangarawa, Dragons Blood, Eagas, Marrabuk, Rhealaliit, Liberstankonia, Evrigenis, Merlovich, Zukchiva, Asendavia, Todd McCloud, East Malaysia, Tretrid, The Three States of Fortuna, Ripsylvania, The Eternal Land of Jong, Mays Austrian Nation, A mean old man, Santa Dystopia, Technocratic Tagalog, Oofery, Horn of Havenkaap, New Leganes, Castle Federation, Staynes, and Flying Snow.