The Republic of Medar is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Mariana Tejo with a fair hand, and notable for its pith helmet sales, smutty television, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 17.422 billion medarese are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The relatively small, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Medar. The average income tax rate is 33.1%.
The frighteningly efficient medarese economy, worth a remarkable 4,137 trillion patacas a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 237,495 patacas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.9 times as much as the poorest.
Weighted heels are added to military boots to ensure diminutive celebrities meet minimum requirements, parents seeking custody have to write a five-thousand word analysis of their child's imaginary friend, the word "mother" is the favourite punchline of ribald comics, and crime is on the rise as online youths compete to vlog the most shocking scenes of violence. Crime is totally unknown. Medar's national animal is the sardine, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Medar was endorsed by The Principality of Porto and the North of Portugal.
- : Medar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Following new legislation in Medar, crime is on the rise as online youths compete to vlog the most shocking scenes of violence.
- : Following new legislation in Medar, the word "mother" is the favourite punchline of ribald comics.
- : Following new legislation in Medar, parents seeking custody have to write a five-thousand word analysis of their child's imaginary friend.
- : Following new legislation in Medar, weighted heels are added to military boots to ensure diminutive celebrities meet minimum requirements.
- : Following new legislation in Medar, Medar isn't what it used to be.
- : Medar was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Medar lodged a message on the Portugal Regional Message Board.
- : Medar published "República de Medar" (Factbook: Overview).
Endorsements Received: 18 » Herya, Totaristan, Alentejo and Algarve, Nookie Island, Grijo, DO NOT EJECT ME PORRA, Valve, Lobstone, Communist Galinea, Peterandia, Ofiussia, Apartamento, Lusitanialand, Liberal Lusitania, R20, Caxina, Portugal Brasil and the Algarves, and Porto and the North of Portugal.