The Republic of Medovia is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Simon Pagosov with an even hand, and renowned for its public floggings, restrictive gun laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, hard-working, devout population of 1.092 billion Medovians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Gavarnik. The average income tax rate is 45.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Medovian economy, worth 91.4 trillion Derus a year, is quite specialized and led by the Retail industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Information Technology. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 83,655 Derus, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Government officials are held to the highest standard of morality, cloning has been banned, small shoes often wash up on the beach, and Simon Pagosov has just been declared ruler of Medovia in an international press conference. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Medovia's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Medovia was endorsed by The Federation of Halsuntria.
- : Medovia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Safest.
- : Medovia endorsed The Sultanate of Gorabo.
- : Medovia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather, Most Beautiful Environments, and Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Medovia was endorsed by The Sultanate of Gorabo.
- : Medovia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Medovia lodged a message on the Anteria Regional Message Board.
- : Medovia published "Medovian Government Severely Condemns Napalm Bombing in Ereska" (Bulletin: News).
- : Medovia was endorsed by The Empire of Lakkatha.
- : Medovia was endorsed by The Senate and People of The Byrdlands.
Endorsements Received: 24 » Foxomexra, Lesser Velutaria, Shedehnoah, Gardeviour, Draytopia, Prybourne, Toubaze, Whitmarche, Anderum, Kiyortza, Hatstheput, Teckia, The New Bulgarian Order, Speke, Valino, East Chimore, Plattinum, Bro Wyned, Vescarium, New Sebronia, Fallooplesburg, Lakkatha, Gorabo, and Halsuntria.