The Theocracy of Melonya is a huge, orderly nation, remarkable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, public floggings, and hatred of cheese. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 428 million Melonyans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Spirituality, Industry, and Education also on the agenda, while International Aid is ignored. The average income tax rate is 40.6%.
The powerhouse Melonyan economy, worth 32.7 trillion Melons a year, is led by the Retail industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Automobile Manufacturing. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is 76,441 Melons, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
The nanny industry has had a boom after maternity leave was recently banned, record sales of 'child-whacking sticks' have been reported, every day's an auto-de-fé day, and a new "thought police" branch is being developed. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Melonya's national animal is the Melon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Melonya, a new "thought police" branch is being developed.
- : Following new legislation in Melonya, every day's an auto-de-fé day.
- : Melonya was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Iron Fist Consumerists".
- : Following new legislation in Melonya, record sales of 'child-whacking sticks' have been reported.
- : Following new legislation in Melonya, the nanny industry has had a boom after maternity leave was recently banned.
- : Melonya voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Frieden-und Freudenland".
- : Melonya voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Freedom to Seek Medical Care II"".
- : Following new legislation in Melonya, former arms manufacturing CEOs are now delivering food for minimum wage.
- : Melonya was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Father Knows Best State".
- : Following new legislation in Melonya, sheep-like political loyalists repeat the mantra "one wheel bad, three wheels good".
Endorsements Received: 13 » Dabberwocky, Voopmont, Propagandistan, Empire of Dunist, The New United Socialist Random Empire, Aidviet Union, National Federation, Vooperian Paradise, BJMS, Cevlaian CORIS, Coryanhafflaruda, Velion, and Nagolronnoc.